Windows Phone 7 Support

Mar 17, 2010 at 12:12 AM
Hi, is it planned to support Expression Blend 4 Beta and Windows Phone 7 Series?
Coordinator
Mar 17, 2010 at 2:45 AM

Yeah, I'm working with the Phone bits now... Lots of opportunity for casual games :)

Note that the Emulator does not support Accelerometer input right now, so you are pretty limited with what you can do.

I don't foresee a lot of changes required but I'll post up info as needed (should be "soon")

Mar 17, 2010 at 7:58 AM

Thank you very much for this superb news. I cannot wait for that :)

Coordinator
Mar 18, 2010 at 7:10 AM

Ok, this was a pretty quick turnover and the download is available (3.0.0.4). Details here: http://www.andybeaulieu.com/Home/tabid/67/EntryID/194/Default.aspx

Mar 18, 2010 at 10:59 PM
Thanks, how can I get Behaviors to Assets tab in Expression Blend? I saw it in your sample project, but I cannot get it to my new project.
Coordinator
Mar 18, 2010 at 11:23 PM

In Blend 4 Beta, they took away the Libraries folder for SL3 so the install.bat won't work.

So instead you need to manually add references to the assemblies in the download ZIP at \PhysicsHelper\Common\PhysicsBehaviors\ClientBin\

Mar 18, 2010 at 11:35 PM
I tried it, it doesnt work - I created Windows Phone application only - without silverlight, but nothing appeared in Assets tab. When I created Silverlight 3 + Windows Phone app, it appeared, but when I drag and dropped PhysicsControllerBehavior to Windows Phone canvas, it disappeared.
Mar 19, 2010 at 12:36 AM
When I tried to manually add code: <pb:PhysicsObjectBehavior/> This error appeared: The type 'PhysicsObjectBehavior' from assembly 'Spritehand.PhysicsBehaviors' is built with an older version of the Blend SDK, and is not supported in a Silverlight 4 project.
Coordinator
Mar 19, 2010 at 1:15 AM

Hmmm... Yeah, I actually am seeing a different error in Blend with the WinPhone project - it's crashing on me.

I'm going to take a closer look but in the meantime, you could try the model that I follow in the AccelerometerPhysics sample: Basically, create a SL3 application and then add in a Win Phone project. You can use linked files back to the Silverlight 3 project for you main game controls, so that you edit and run them from the SL3 project. I like this model because you can target two platforms (web + mobile) with a single solution and codebase.

Maybe this can get you by until I figure out why Blend is unhappy.