New Version Available!

Oct 21, 2010 at 7:15 PM

I just uploaded version 4.0 of the Physics Helper Library, here are the highlights.

• Now supports Farseer Physics Engine 3
    • Bullets
    • Continuous Collision Detection
    • Resting Bodies
    • see the Farseer project page for more details on this release of the Farseer Engine!
  • Installer (msi) makes setup easier
Oct 22, 2010 at 7:48 AM

Hi Andy,

Will you be adding WPF support for this?

Many thanks

Oct 22, 2010 at 11:03 AM

If you need something immediately, you could download the previous version (3.0.0.x) of the Physics Helper, which supported WPF.

I don't have time to do the project setup myself right now, sorry for that, but if anyone wants to take a crack at it I could integrate the changes in. Otherwise I hope to get to it in the future.

Oct 30, 2010 at 2:50 AM

Is the Fluid Container behavior in the new 4.0 version?  I just installed the 4.0 version and I don't see that behavior in blend but I do see the other ones.  I'm wanted to try that out in a WP7 project.

Oct 30, 2010 at 12:11 PM

Farseer Physics 3.0 (which Physics Helper 4 uses as its engine) is a very large change from Farseer 2.x (going back to Box2D roots). Because of this, the Fluid Container has not yet been ported from FPE2 to FPE3. If you are feeling frisky you could try to port this (and if you DO let me know because I could include it in the Helper as well :) )

Oct 30, 2010 at 1:16 PM

Andy, thanks for the quick reply.  I'm a newbie to the farseer physics engine which is why I really liked your behavior wrappers.  Trying to converting the fluid container may be a little out of my league at this point.  But sometimes I do get frisky and just go for it.