System.Windows.Interactivity higher version

Apr 30, 2011 at 2:53 AM

I downloaded the source and tried to compile.  I am getting this error:

Error 1 Assembly 'Spritehand.PhysicsBehaviors, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' uses 'System.Windows.Interactivity, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' which has a higher version than referenced assembly 'System.Windows.Interactivity, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' c:\Users\Dan\Documents\Farseer\Physics Helper\Common\PhysicsBehaviors\ClientBin4\Debug\Spritehand.PhysicsBehaviors.dll PhysicsBehaviors.Design.Silverlight

any suggestions?

Apr 30, 2011 at 2:33 PM

Try this...

- open the solution

- right-click each of the following projects _in this order_ in Solution explorer and select rebuild:

- Farseer Physics
      - PhysicsHelper
      - PhysicsBehaviors
      - then the Demo project

finally, make sure the Demo project is the startup project.

Apr 30, 2011 at 9:55 PM

Thanks for replying.  I am still getting the same compilation error.

PhysicsBehaviors.Silverlight4 project references System.Windows.Interactivity.dll here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Expression\Blend\Silverlight\v4.0\Libraries\System.Windows.Interactivity.dll which is version

PhysicsBehaviors.Design.Silverlight project references System.Windows.Interactivity.dll here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Expression\Blend\.NETFramework\v4.0\Libraries\System.Windows.Interactivity.dll which is version

is there a version of the .NET Framework i can get my hands on?

Apr 30, 2011 at 10:11 PM

System.Windows.Interactivity.dll is shipped/installed as part of Expression Blend (as part of the Blend SDK).

I'm not sure why you are seeing 2 different ref's for this, there must be something different in your GAC for these to resolve differently. On my system they both resolve to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Expression\Blend\Silverlight\v4.0\Libraries

So I suppose you could manually delete the reference to the folder and instead add the ref to the version.

May 1, 2011 at 1:24 AM

I was able to do as you said and get it compiling.  Thanks!

Here is my thought on why maybe....

PhysicsBehaviors.Design.Silverlight target framework is .NET 4.0.  By default, i wonder if it pointed to .NETFramework folder.

PhysicsBehaviors.Silverlight4 target framework is Silverlight 4 therefore it chose the silverlight directory.