Mango Build

Aug 7, 2011 at 9:01 PM

I guess it's time for Mango build :)

Aug 8, 2011 at 11:22 AM

For what its worth, there are no code changes to the Physics Helper for Mango. But in order for the controls to show up in an Expression Blend project targeting 7.1, the setup needs to add some registry settings when installing.

I'll get a tweaked version out soon.

Aug 21, 2011 at 3:13 PM

Could you get a this version? =) 

I'm interested to this.

Aug 22, 2011 at 11:25 PM

Today I checked in a change set which supports Mango 7.1.

I will be updating the default download "soon" - but for now if you need to target Mango (7.1) then:

- download the latest changeset from

- inside the download, run the installer at \Installer\PhysicsHelper.Installer\Debug\

Let me know if you see any issues with this build, it works for me in Blend when targeting 7.1.

Sep 20, 2011 at 8:06 PM
Edited Sep 21, 2011 at 4:26 PM

This might explains why I can't get Physics helper to load behaviors into Blend 3 or Blend 4.  I did the changesets 69404, but the expected behaviors did not install.  I uninstalled the Physics helper 69404 from the recommended changeset, then uninstalled the Expression Blend Phone SDK 7.1 and then reinstalled the version.  This still didn't work, for instance all of the behaviors, which had 13 previously, disappeared from the flyout.

After all of that, I uninstalled the physics helper, the uninstalled all of the Expression Studio 4.0, including the WP7 O/S SDK 7.0.  Then reinstalled Expression Blend and Design 4.0 (not Web or Encoder, just keep the troubleshooting limited) and then Physics Helper, and the physics showed up in behaviors. 

I gave up on that computer, as it has stuck install of the Windows Phone SDK 7.1 Beta that won't uninstall, so I'll rebuild the system later to fix that.

I built a new computer using Windows 7 Professional N and the Windows Phone SDK 7.1 (RC) Build 10.0.40219, there is nothing else on the system except the default items.  I then downloaded and installed the changeset indicated from above and still did not see the PhysicsHelper in Expression 4 version 4.0.30701.0 with the Windows Phone 7 version 2.0.20901.0 and Windows Phone 7.1 version 2.0.30701.0. 

Tried a couple of other things, but did not uninstall the Windows Phone 7.1 2.0.30701.0 and could not get the changeset to work nor the current physics helper version to work.  Hope you get time to look into this.  Or, I guess I could now that I think about it since this is a "community".  Ooops

Not sure what we would do without all of your hard work Andy.  This is just observations and not criticism of your work.

Thank you.

Sep 28, 2011 at 7:03 PM

I also cannot get this to install properly using the new changeset.

Sep 28, 2011 at 7:12 PM

I hope to take a look at this soon.

In the meantime, you could try and manually add references to the assemblies in the directory C:\Program Files\Physics Helper\Physics Helper Library\

But there must be something a bit off with the installer, I'll take a look.

Sep 30, 2011 at 8:44 AM

I have the same worries. I installed WP7 OS 7.1. Into Blend 4, if you created a project in 7.0 we see Behavior. Not in 7.1, even if you reference the Farseerdll manually.
The removal and installation of 69404 does not change.

In Visual Studio Pro, a project recompiled in 7.1 gives this error:

<pb:PhysicsControllerBehavior Iterations="200" GravityVertical="0" GravityHorizontal="0"/>

The tag 'PhysicsControllerBehavior' does not exist in XML namespace 'clr-namespace: Spritehand.PhysicsBehaviors; assembly = Spritehand.PhysicsBehaviors'.

Oct 3, 2011 at 11:27 PM

Ok, if you were having issues with seeing Behaviors in a Mango (WP 7.1) project,  please give the latest build Beta a try -

Oct 4, 2011 at 4:39 PM
AndyBeaulieu wrote:

Ok, if you were having issues with seeing Behaviors in a Mango (WP 7.1) project,  please give the latest build Beta a try -

It works perfectly in WP7 OS 7.1 with the latest build Beta. Thank you very much.

Nov 29, 2011 at 12:40 AM

Just tested the latest build and everything seems to work.  There is a classroom of students who are happy about this.

Dec 1, 2011 at 3:29 PM

When I work through the excellent tutorial at the link below, everything worked (and if you haven't seen these videos, take a look RIGHT NOW!):

However, when I make a simple usercontrol using the Physics, say a simple rectangle with a physics object and then consume it with a rectangle set as static the user control falls and goes through the rectangle set as static in the main page.