Using the Helper on a Multitouch app!

May 20, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Hello,

I am now trying to use this helper in a Multitouch App using MTSlide...

basically I have canvas controls and image controls that I can zoom and scale and drag...and I would like to have some collision effects or when I drag an image and then I remove the finger (stop dragging) I would like to have the image sliding until it stops by inertia or by hiting some other image and slowly stops...

Can you give me hint on how to use this help and the farseer library to achieve this kind of results...?

thanks ...Nice work here!

Coordinator
May 20, 2009 at 8:07 PM

It sounds like all you have are rectangular controls and you're using WPF?

If so, the Physics Helper Library might not be the best choice because it is Silverlight only right now (although a couple of people have ported it to WPF, and there is info on this forum regarding that).

And also you wouldn't be taking advantage of what the physics helper provides really - creating physics geometries that match your XAML elements and joints, etc.

You might be better off just using the Farseer engine directly to wrap your images and apply physics.

May 20, 2009 at 9:02 PM
Edited May 20, 2009 at 9:04 PM

Thank you for the fast answer!

Maybe later I will do something using this helper and touch (the user could draw with the fingers or throw/pick the objects and move around)

But for now I just want physics between my 2D objects like pictures (collision, inertia...)

I have no idea where to start...and how to use it...can you help me somehow?

Also right now, I am fighting with another problem...a virtual canvas in WPF, I want to have an infinite desk where I can visualize and play with photos and videos!

thanks!