Use PhysicsCameraBehavior in WPF

Aug 31, 2009 at 2:49 PM
Edited Aug 31, 2009 at 2:55 PM

Hello Andy

Your Physics Helper is AMAZING !

Thank you very much for your hard work.

I installed Blend3 Trial and use Visual Studio 2008 SP1, NET 3.5.

The demo application DemoBehaviors1 in WPF is working very well.

So I played around to learn more about your Physics Helper and so I added the PhysicsCameraBehavior to the space suit image object.

The entry in the XAML file looks like that :  

<Image x:Name="spaceSuit" Width="58" Height="114" Canvas.Left="122" Canvas.Top="38" Source="SpaceSuit.png" Stretch="Fill">

<pb:PhysicsObjectBehavior/> <pb:PhysicsCameraBehavior x:Name="Camera" />

After start of application, the scene looks like the normal demo, and when the objects begin to falling down, the scene shows only the upper left part of the whole scene,  zoomed and the space-suit centered in view.

After that moment the space suit falls down, the camera do not following the suit and the view of the scene is  always the same. No camera move.

Please can someone check this situation in WPF too, and confirm this operation. 

Perhaps I made mistakes in definition (no other attributes are definable in Blend, only the camera name !) and use of the PhysicsCameraBehavior.

Thank you very much for helping me.

Best wishes

Sep 1, 2009 at 2:02 AM

I took a quick peek and confirmed the same problem you're seeing.

It looks like another difference between WPF and Silverlight - the offset Left, Top positions of the elements are apparently not updating the same as they do in Silverlight.

I'll need to take a closer look at this and see what the diff is.

Sep 1, 2009 at 5:13 PM

Hi Andy

Thank you very much, for looking into this problem. Hope it's not too heavy for fix......

Greetings from Switzerland.

Sep 13, 2009 at 2:41 PM

The issue with the CameraBehavior in WPF has a fix in

Hope this helps!

Sep 14, 2009 at 7:23 AM